Home > Extenuating Circumstances
Are Extenuating Circumstances Affecting your Ability to Pay for College?
If you or your family are expecting extreme changes to your personal life or financial situation, we may be able to adjust your financial information to reflect your current situation more accurately.
Circumstances we typically consider:
Circumstances we do not consider:
- Loss of employment
- Loss of benefits
- Birth of a child
- Parent attending college at least 1/2 time
How to request a review:
- If you already have an expected family contribution of $0
- Unusual expenses related to personal living
- Gross underestimation of previous year's income
- Withdrawal of 401k or retirement
- One year bonus such as lottery or gamblings winnings
- Reductions in overtime pay
- Contact Scholarships & Financial Aid
- Submit required documents
- An advisor will determine if an adjustment is possible
- Advisor notifies student of the decision
Providing information for extenuating circumstances does not guarantee that an adjustment can be made or that your current financial aid offer will change.