- Read the Financial Aid Offer Letter carefully before accepting or rejecting individual awards.
- Review estimated cost of attendance to assist in planning how much aid you will need.
**You can review your own personal Cost of Attendance once you are logged into My Financial Aid Portal by clicking on “Resources” tab and clicking on “How was my financial aid determined”.
- Review types of aid and maintaining eligibility to understand other factors that may affect the financial aid offer.
- You may choose to submit your reply either online or by mail. Choosing to do business online will expedite the process. We highly recommend that you process your aid online. If you choose to do business electronically you will no longer receive correspondence in the mail from our department, but will receive email correspondence through your official Texas A&M University email account.
- If you choose to submit your reply online, you must do the following.
- Direct web browser to http://howdy.tamu.edu.
- Click the My Finances tab and enter My Financial Aid Portal.
- Login using TAMU NET ID.
- Check for any incomplete requirements on Status page.
- Click on Awards tab.
- Follow the instructions to process aid.
- If you choose to submit your reply by mail, you must do the following.
- Circle the "A" to the left of each award to Accept or circle the "D" to the left of each award to Decline.
- Submit one copy to Scholarships & Financial Aid, and keep the other copy for your records.
Due to various circumstances, it may be necessary to revise the amount of financial aid offered you. If you receive a Revised Financial Aid Offer Letter, refer to the steps outlined above if you have additional aid offered.
An adjustment to your financial aid offer may result from one of the following situations: additional awards, enrollment changes, residency status change, change in financial aid eligibility, change in classification or participation in a study abroad program.
It is recommended that you maintain records of all financial aid offers in order to see what changes may have been made in the Revised Financial Aid Offer Letter.
All first time students are sent their first Financial Aid Offers via U.S. mail. In subsequent semesters these will be sent through electronic notification via the student’s official Texas A&M University email account, if the student has chosen to do business electronically with our department.
All returning students who have chosen to do business electronically will receive notification of their financial aid offer through their official Texas A&M University email account.
The financial aid offer (award letter) will include all eligible financial aid awards, as long as funds are available. State aid programs are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis and funding is limited.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you have completed all of the necessary steps to securing your financial aid. You have access to view your financial aid status 24/7 online at http://howdy.tamu.edu. Click the My Finances tab and enter My Financial Aid Portal.