Home > EMERGENCY AID
> Regents' Grant Initiative
Regents' Grant Initiative
The Regents Grant Initiative provides funds to Scholarships & Financial Aid from the Texas A&M System for emergency financial support to students.
- This grant assists with essential expenses due to unforeseen hardship(s)
- Grant is “free money”, meaning there is not a requirement of repayment of the grants
- Your application will be reviewed on a case by case basis
- Grants may cover school expenses such as tuition and fees, textbooks, school supplies, housing and meals (semester basis)
Regents' Grant Initiative Application
- Texas Resident seeking first undergraduate (Bachelors) degree
- Be in Good Academic Standing
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) must be submitted
- Student/Family FAFSA adjusted gross income (AGI) must be between $40,000 - $100,000. In extraordinary circumstances, there may be flexibility for AGI’s below $40,000.
- Student/Family must have an unforeseen hardship. Something unforeseen is something that could not be predicted and was not expected
- Documentation may be submitted and in some cases may be required.