If you are in need of financial assistance, make sure your FAFSA lists Texas A&M University. Texas A&M University's federal school code is 003632.
The FAFSA must be completed on or after October 1 for you to receive financial aid for the upcoming academic year. For priority consideration, submit your FAFSA by March 15. The online FAFSA is located at fafsa.gov
. In most cases, the online FAFSA can be received by Texas A&M within one week of submission. The paper version of the FAFSA can be obtained from your high school counselor or Paper FAFSA for 2017-2018
as well as Paper FAFSA for 2018-2019
. The paper FAFSA can take 3-5 weeks to be sent to Texas A&M. We recommend completing the online FAFSA for quicker results. More information on how to fill out the FAFSA can be found at 7 Easy Steps to the FAFSA
FAFSA Application Process
- The FAFSA is available October 1 for the following school year.
- You must submit a completed FAFSA in order to be considered for federal/state grants and student loans.
- You may complete the FAFSA using FAFSA.gov as well as by using the Paper FAFSA for 2017-2018 or the Paper FAFSA for 2018-2019.
- The online version can be signed electronically using a FSA ID.
- The priority deadline for Texas A&M University is March 15.
The FSA ID (a user name and password) must be used to log in to certain U.S. Department of Education websites. Your FSA ID confirms your identity when you access your financial aid information and electronically sign Federal Student Aid documents. If you do not already have a FSA ID, you can create one when logging in to fafsa.gov
The security of your FSA ID is important. Your FSA ID can be used to:
- Electronically sign Federal Student Aid documents,
- Access your personal records, and
- Make binding legal obligations.
Student Aid Report (SAR)
A SAR is a recap of the information provided on the FAFSA. You should receive it in the mail within four weeks. If you do not receive your SAR, please check online at fafsa.gov
or call (800) 433-3243. If you would like to receive the SAR electronically, be sure you provide your email address on the FAFSA. You will receive the SAR electronically within a few days after your information is processed. Your email address will be shared with each of the schools listed on the FAFSA so correspondence can be received from them as well. Texas A&M officially corresponds with students through their assigned Texas A&M Gmail account. For more information about your Texas A&M Gmail account please log onto google.tamu.edu
. You may sign up for a Texas A&M Gmail account once you have been admitted to TAMU.