Although the country is beginning to return to pre-COVID norms, Scholarships & Financial Aid realizes that many families are still experiencing long-term financial impacts from the pandemic. We are here to help.
Financial aid applications collect income information from two years prior to the academic year for which you are applying. But, if you or your family’s income has been significantly reduced in the past two years due to COVID-19 or other circumstances, you may be eligible to submit a Family Contribution Appeal. Through a Family Contribution Appeal, you have the opportunity to submit documentation showing a loss of income and request that the information on your financial aid application be updated to reflect the actual income received in a more recent or current year.
Watch our Family Contribution Appeals video
for more information.
To see if your circumstances qualify for a Family Contribution Appeal, complete a short questionnaire in your Financial Aid Portal by following the instructions below –
- Log in to the Howdy portal;
- Click on the Financial Aid Portal icon;
- In the Financial Aid Portal, click on “Helpful Links” in the menu on the left;
- Under “My FAFSA information has changed” click “Submit Information”; and
- If your circumstances qualify for a Family Contribution Appeal, you will be given further instructions immediately after submitting the questionnaire. Those instructions will be shown on the closing page of the questionnaire after submitting.
Even if your income has changed, it may not result in a change in the amount of financial aid you receive. If you have questions, please Get in Line to speak with an Advisor
by phone or in-person.